Christmas songs, book covers, and tattoos—a link round-up
IT'S A LONG holiday. After the revelries, you're probably stuck at home with a computer. If you have all the time in the world (or you think that you do), give these links a try.
- On Russian tatttoos—great article from The Siberian Times.
- Kevin Marshall writes about the First Noël. Listen to Shane and Shane's excellent, sobering rendition as well.
- New York Times's best book covers of the year. I love books, especially if they're designed well. Matt Dorfman writes, "When considering the book as a whole, I prefer that the interiors contain answers and the covers ask questions." The Casual Optimist's list is also pretty.
- One of our brilliant interns, Vincen Gregory Yu, is a frequent contributor to the Inquirer. Here he summarizes the highlights of the Philippine theater scene. How he manages to watch the shows, write the articles, take care of his patients, and study for his exams escapes me.
- Heather Champ's collection of manually stitched photos taken in various hotel rooms is amazing.